Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Beer Chicken!

So I decided to cheat in a different way.  I decided to marinate my chicken in beer before baking it.  It came out amazing!!! The recipe's below.  Because beer is still too bland of a taste for chicken, I had to marinate the chicken with much more.

Ingredients:
 4 chicken thighs (that's just what I had)
1 bottle of beer.  I used Coors, but you can use any kind.  The darker the beer, the richer the taste.
garlic salt (I didn't have anymore garlic, so this was my alternative)
fresh rosemary
fresh oregano
salt and pepper
dried thyme

1. pat the chicken dry
2. rub the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic salt, oregano, thyme and rosemary
3. In the casserole dish, pour the whole bottle on to the chicken (yes, the chicken will be swimming... it's okay)
4. bake at 375 degrees for about 45mins.
5. ENJOY!

The thing with this recipe is that you can put in anny kinds of herbs you want.  Chicken is meant to be tweaked with.  I had left over beer from before my diet, and I wanted to do something with it.  I served the chicken with a mixture of sauteed asian veggies that I got at my local oriental store.  I sauteed them with soy sauce, and they came out yummy!!

Unfortunately, I remember about taking the picture after I'd eaten dinner... Oops! Maybe next time!!

0 comments: