Friday, July 30, 2010

Trade Strawberry Cheesecake for laundry

I think I made an amazing deal with my neighbor.  I don't have a washer and drier, so I always have to go to the on site laundry.  When I found out that my neighbor and good friend has them, the wheels in my head began to turn.  He's always been a sweet guy and we are constantly doing favors for each other.  We babysit each other's dogs, Albert and him are constantly trading video games, so I wasn't too weird about the laundry trade.

For the first load, I asked him what his favorite dessert was, and he replied Strawberry Cheesecake. YUM!  Cheesecake is one of the easiest things to make, and anything can be added to it for personal flair.

Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
3 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
1 (10 ounce) package of frozen sweetened strawberries
1 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup of butter
1 tbsp corn starch
1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
1/4 cup of lemon juice

DIRECTIONS

  1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a pie pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2.  In a blender or food processor, blend the strawberries and cornstarch;let it really get smooth.
  3.  Pour the strawberry mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes on low. Make sure to really watch it, you don't want it to burn.  
  4. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Really beat it into submission.
  5. Gradually beat in the condensed milk. Add lemon juice; mix well. 
  6. Add the eggs one at a time, and make sure everything is combined.
  7. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. 
  8. Drop half of the reserved strawberry mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer. 
  9. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce. Drop remaining strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top. 
  10. With a knife, cut through top layer only to swirl strawberry sauce, unless you like having glops of strawberry :)
  11. Bake at 300 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. 
  12. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes... 
  13. Stick it in the fridge and don't touch it!!! Let it sit in there for the night. 

Enjoy!!!!

1 comments:

Alissa Margaret said...

This sounds utterly amazing. I'm begging to a re-make when I move back.