Monday, August 9, 2010

The Easiest Meatballs EVER!

So I was looking into my inventory of what little I had and this is what I saw:  ground beef, eggs, one Italian sausage, Italian bread crumbs and a bunch of spices.  I also noticed some spaghetti, so naturally, I thought good ole spaghetti and meatballs would do the trick.  Instead of frying them, I decided to bake them because they're so greasy, anyway.  I also found ingredients to make my own sauce!

Here's the Recipe

Meatballs
INGREDIENTS
tbsp olive oil
1 Italian Sausage
1 lb of ground beef
1 egg
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp (or more) cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1tbsp Italian seasoning


  1.  Heat the oven to 350degrees, grease a baking sheet with the olive oil and stick it in the oven while the oven's preheating
  2. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix! It's best to use your hands, really.
  3. make little balls and place them on the heated baking dish.
  4. flatten the top of the balls because you will need to turn them over.
  5. bake them in the oven for 15 minutes
  6. after fifteen minutes, take them out, turn them over, then stick them in the oven for another 5 minutes.
  7. Presto! You have made deliciously spicy meatballs!
Pasta Sauce (red)
INGREDIENTS
1 14-16 ounce can tomato paste
1 can of milk (measure with the tomato paste can)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of chopped chives

  1. Heat a skillet on med high and add the tomato paste and milk
  2. stir until everything's incorporated
  3. add everything else
  4. keep stirring until you have a nice simmer.
  5. Done!!

1 comments:

Alissa Margaret said...

hahaha. I just noticed my martini glass and drinking game beads are in the pic. awesome :)

PS lets make those when we both return!