Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Juicy Steak with Mushroom and Onion Gravy

According to Albert, I am the Queen of Steak!! Flattering.  I've been really tired of constantly making chicken, so I was thrilled when Albert got two inch thick bottom round steaks.  Yes, they're tougher than I'd like, but hey, I couldn't say "no" to $3 steaks.  Unfortunately, there are no pictures because I forgot. BUT I promise, they were awesome!

I marinated the steak with salt, pepper, garlic powder and white pepper.  I don't like to add too much to steak because it's not like chicken.  It already has enough flavor.  After marinating the steaks, I cooked them in a very hot pan for 5-6 minutes on each side, for a medium sear.

When the steaks were done plated them and, I reduced the heat to low. I then added a chopped red onion to the pan.  After the onions became translucent, I added a can of mushrooms, drained.  I let them cook for about 2 minutes, then added about 1/3 cup of heavy cream.  Once I added the cream, I scraped the bottom of the pan with a spatula for another two minutes.

I topped the steaks with gravy and enjoyed!! They came out delicious!

3 comments:

FABunny said...

Albert made an awesome salad!!!! The dressing is probably the easiest thing EVER!!!! Balsamic vinegar and complete seasoning. TADAAA!!

x-treme blog said...

Try marinating the steak in beer, this helps in tenderizing the meat! Best of all you can have the left overs....what left overs!

FABunny said...

Thanks! I'll try that next time! Will a light beer work?