Thursday, January 28, 2010

My kind of Crock Pot Chili!

It sometimes makes me sad that I'm on this low carb diet because the chili I made today would have been GREAT on a nice jumbo hotdog.  I've started to notice a pattern with my cooking: baked chicken.  Today was different.  Since I had to study all day, I decided to do something easy.  I started around 2PM prepping the meat for it's slow-cooking bath.  It was amazing!  It came out juicy and tender, and sooooo savory!

 
I promise it tastes A LOT better than it looks


Here's the recipe for my Slow-Cooked Chili!

Ingredients:
1 lb of ground beef
3 sausage links (I used spicy Italian)
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 tbsp of tomato paste
salt & pepper
tbsp dried basil
tbsp oregano
2 cloves garlic- crushed
1 chopped onion
1 bag of frozen succotash (corn and beans)
2/3 cup of water
**spice it up with peppers of your choice or hot sauce

1. Chop the sausage links into small pieces.
2.  Put all the ingredients into a crock pot.
3.  Cook on high for 6 hours.
4.  Stir occassionally.
5.  ENJOY!!

2 comments:

x-treme blog said...

Your new blogg looks so Irish Spring Fresh! I love it specially now that I can comment on your food!

FABunny said...

Just in time for St. Patty's Day!!!